Don’t Underestimate The Penalties For White Collar Crimes
Although white collar crimes do not involve violence, they can still carry serious penalties. Many people mistakenly believe that the state and federal authorities do not take financial crimes seriously. This could not be farther from the truth.
The attorneys at Clark & Jones, Attorneys at Law, LLC, know how serious the consequences are for white collar convictions. With more than 60 years of combined experience, our lawyers have protected numerous clients from harsh criminal consequences such as:
- Expensive fines
- Community service
- Jail or prison time
With our skill in criminal defense representation, we can defend you against all white collar charges. Some of the results we have achieved for clients include dismissed charges, reduced charges, reduced sentences and not-guilty verdicts.
What Are The Most Common White Collar Crimes?
Dozens of charges fall under the umbrella of “white collar crimes.” Some of the most frequent include:
- Fraud: The use of deception for personal monetary gain.
- Embezzlement: The theft of money by someone who has lawful possession of it.
- Money laundering: Transferring money to hide its unlawful origin.
- Insider trading: The use of confidential information to trade stocks and bonds.
- Tax evasion: Deliberately underpaying or not paying taxes.
- Bribery: Offering money to someone in a position of trust in exchange for a favor.
Defending You Against Both State And Federal Charges
Federal crimes often have mandatory minimum sentences. If convicted, you could face a disproportionately harsh punishment. Clark & Jones, Attorneys at Law, LLC, practices criminal defense in both state and federal courts. If you face federal criminal charges, we will aggressively represent you at your initial trial or in the appellate court.
Consult Our White Collar Criminal Defense Attorneys
Contact our Santa Fe office to discuss your case with one of our experienced lawyers. We are prepared to put up an aggressive defense on your behalf. To schedule your free initial consultation, call 505-820-1825 or send the firm an email.